Islam is an Arabic word which means submission(of desires to the will of God). So whosoever submits to the will of Allah then they are in the fold of Islam. It doesn’t matter what their religion was before as long as they submit to the will of Allah they are Muslims.
Not all Muslims submit to the will of Allah but those who do they do so to attain inner peace. Last time Allah renewed Islam was by sending his last and final messenger Muhammad (Peace and blessings be upon him).Before Muhammad Allah sent Nuh(Noah), Ibrahim(Abraham), Musa(Moses), Isa(Jesus) and 124000 Prophets(Peace be upon them all) in Total.
Now if someone Says what is Islam don’t say too much just tell him what you learned here till now and if later he wants to know more about Islam then tell him only what he wants to know don’t try to tell him everything in one go. He might get wrong impression of what you are telling him and most of all only tell from the sources.
Note: Muslim is a person who believes in one Allah and his prophets.
What Muslims say about Jesus and Moses
So when Isa and Musa came people of their time had to believe in them to be Muslims.But later after their depart from this world people after them began to adjust religion according to their desires. and it’s not just in other religions it’s also in Islam. Today we find many scholars who give fatwas for some worldly gain.And when human intervention changed the message of Allah. He sent to them another prophet.
So Followers of Jesus and Moses were Muslim. But when Allah sent his final messenger Muhammad and He(Muhammad) delivered Allah’s word Quran to them but they rejected it then they weren’t Muslim anymore now they became Kafir(A person who rejects Allah and his messenger after knowing everything about Islam)
Islam is a religion which is from the time of the creation itself. You would say how is it possible cause Islam came into Existence around 600 AD Well you are right about that.
Let’s first understand how Allah guides his misguided servants to the fold of Islam.
Note: Almost every religious person(whatever their religion may be) in this world who knows something about his/her religion then they will agree that Allah sends his Prophets(Some religions say that god comes down in some kind of forms) where wrong is happening.
- Allah sends Prophets on the people Where they need guidance. Prophets called them to worship Allah alone, to do good and to stop doing evil in the land.
- Those who obeyed the will of Allah and believed in him and his prophets they came into the fold of Islam.
- Those who did not stop their evil deeds like people of Nuh(Noah) Allah sent the Flood and destroyed them And saved his Muslims.
So Allah sent 124000 prophets to the people from time to time and good ones after understanding them and what they bought they accepted Islam. So anyone is welcomed to understand Islam. If they want to understand Islam they can ask any knowledgeable and good person anything about Islam.
What is Islam Today
Finally Allah sent his beloved prophet Muhammad around 570 AD between us. His Father left this world before he was born and his mother Amina when he was 6 years old. His Grandfather Abd al-Muttalib raised him till the age of 8 but he also Passed away.Now his uncle Abu Talib Raised him. Later when he was 40 years old he got his first revelation and declared that he is a prophet of Allah and There is none worthy to worship except Allah.
But leaders of mecca were against oneness of Allah cause they worshiped around 360 idols. So they created many problems for him. In short, they even tried to kill him and his followers but Allah protected them. Slowly Islam spread through the teachings of Quran. Today we have many names for Muslims like extreme and many other.
Five Pillars of Islam
- Shahadah: Sincerely reciting that Allah is one and Muhammad is his messenger.
- Salat: Performing ritual prayers in the proper way five times each day.
- Zakat: Paying an alms (or charity) tax to benefit the poor and the needy.
- Sawm: Fasting during the month of Ramadan.
- Hajj: Pilgrimage to Mecca.
To be a Muslim One must believe in the Following:
- In all 124000 Prophets of Allah.
- One must believe in Angels.
- One must believe in The Books of Allah.
- One must believe in Life after Death
- One must believe in Judgment day.
- One Must Believe in Jannah(Paradise)
- One Must Believe in Jahannam(Hellfire)
Now If you don’t understand what is Islam then please do some More research on your own about Islam. You will surely be guided by your Creator
Whatever is Wrong in this Article it’s from me and whatever is right That’s from the Lord most High.